Saturday, January 7, 2012

A glance into our weekend

     Lets rewind a little before the weekend, this week was the first week back to work after a very LONG and RELAXING break (blogs to come!).  UGH.  Yes, it was hard to get back into the grind.  Chris and I have taken it easy this week, easing back into the routine.  We went to bed early (before 10PM) almost EVERY night this past week.  I know my body requires way more sleep than it gets...and when it finally gets 8 hours or more sleep I feel SO MUCH better.  Rested, refreshed and ready.  I really like the sound of being rested, refreshed and ready.  Here's to 2012!

     I was always overwhelmed at the thought of doing "Secret Sisters" at Discovery Church when I was a student.  This year, however, I can come up with NO excuses!  For those of you who don't know what Secret Sisters is allow me to explain.  Each year, the ladies of our church that are interested pick someone and that is your "Secret Sister" for the year.  For that year you have the pleasure of praying for and blessing that lady however you want.  I am SO excited.  I absolutely LOVE gift giving and blessing others.  I feel so lucky to be able to pray for and be an encouragement to this lady.  I can't wait to get to know her and bless her in small ways.  So that was my Friday night spent at the Coffee Shack with the Discovery Ladies for our Annual Ladies Night Out Planning and Secret Sister Reveal and Pick.

     Today is Saturday and Chris and I slept in and had an amazing RELAXING day.  Side note:  It was AMAZZZZING to sleep in because I haven't been able to sleep well the last few nights because our neighbors have the LOUDEST, SCREAMING baby on the planet...and it screams all night and morning.  I couldn't imagine-- that does not make me want a child anytime soon.  On a more positive note:  My sweet husband sent me for a massage today with Caroline...it was AMAZING!  Chris works for Caroline at ReFreshology.  We are so thankful for the awesome opportunity Chris has to work with such great ladies.  That was such a refreshing start to the day!  Thanks again Caroline :o)  Check out their website http://refresh-ology.com/

      Check out our $19.99 Goodwill purchase...

A Bike rack for the car!!!
This afternoon we went riding on the Greenway trail, it was beautiful.  It felt like a spring day, sunny and 70 degrees-- in January.  I could get use to this weather but, it will probably be back to 20 degrees soon.  I just can't figure out the weather here!  Eastern North Carolina is so strange.
Finally have my mountain bike in NC...now to find some mountains!!

My sexy cyclist :o)  ...his road bike is Sweet!!
      And what better way to end our Saturday than spending time with one of our most favorite families.  We are so lucky and blessed to be friends with Laci and Randy and their sweet kiddos.  They have no idea how thankful we are for them!  We had a blast jumping on the trampoline, hanging around the fire and enjoying a game of Scrabble.

Love you guys!

and your kiddos too!

MMMmmMm! 

"Happy Face" :o)





     That was our weekend so far, not sure what tomorrow will bring besides some AMAZING worship at Discovery Church...off to bed way later than I thought!!  WOW!!!  Oh well, it's been fun to get back on here and share our happenings.  I look forward to sharing about our trip to NJ and all the special people we got to see and hang out with.  Thanks for keep up with us :o)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your fun weekend. So glad we got to enjoy some time with you guys, too! Love the pics. And oh man....Noah is so filthy!!! Such a boy with all that dirt and his poor little scratched nose :( What a mess haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are AWESOME! I love everything about you two, but most especially your zeal for life and your God centered walk through life! I am blessed to have you two in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laci & Diane! You're the reason I love getting on here and sharing what we are up to :)

    ReplyDelete