Sunday, January 22, 2012

Looking up

     After MANY days of rest I am feeling better and so thankful =)  Thankful for the days of rest, down time, a loving husband and generous friends.  My husband is my biggest fan and I am incredibly thankful for EVERYTHING he does for me including listening to me complain, waiting on me with yummy food, tucking me in and ensuring me that things will get done even if I don't do them right now.  Thank you Christopher for helping me to see the bigger picture. 
     I don't usually like taking medicine but the best thing I've had through this cold is my mother-in-law's homemade cough syrup-- it is the bomb!!  It tastes really bad but it works.  Our bathroom counter was over-crowded with many meds to kick the cold but the best lies in the front!  I never thought we'd use as much as she gave us...   

Mom's Homemade Cough Syrup recipe found here:  http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1932,139160-236200,00.html
Christopher made a great breakfast, quiche!  YES, it was as yummy as it looks =)
Quiche:  Eggs, cheddar cheese, tomato, spinach, mushroom and onion!
I am blessed beyond what I could ever imagine.
     Chris and I have been so blessed and excited to get to know Laura and Stephan.  They have no idea what a blessing they are to us.  I thought the last thing I would want was someone at our house Saturday night but they showed up and made us potato soup!  It was really tasty and a great time with friends.  God knew I needed a good laugh.  We ended up watching a hilarious show called Ridiculousness...it was ridiculous!  and made me laugh so good =)  Thank you Laura and Stephan for being so thoughtful.
Rocking it out in the kitchen!
     Chris woke up early Sunday morning and was going hiking with his sister and brother-in-law in Raleigh.  I didn't plan to go because I wanted to make sure I am feeling a good as I can for this week.  I woke up when Chris did and couldn't hardly stand the thought of missing out...so I got out of bed and went too =)  Stay tuned for our next post about our hiking trip to the William B. Umstead State Park...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why it didn't post my previous comment - but we enjoyed making your night better and you know we always love to come over and enjoy the company!

    ReplyDelete