Friday, January 20, 2012

Slow Down.

     Being sick is no fun.  The only good thing I can find from being sick is that it makes me slow down.  This is the second time this winter season I've been sick.  The last few days I've given in and done nothing but sit around, catch up on reading and sleep.  I haven't been out of the house for 2 entire days.  It's not my fvorite thing to do but it's been so good for me.  I've listened to music, watched the Food Network and not chatted on the phone.  I'm actually beginning to like this =).  I think there is a lot to be said for slowing down-- much more than I ever give credit.  I probably get sick because my body is screaming for me to slow down and chill out.  It can only take so much running around, stressing out, over-committing and worrying about everyone and everything besides myself.  I thank God for the last few days I've been able to work from home and mostly relax and hopefully recover sooner than later! 
     Today when I was relaxing I heard this beautiful song by Shane & Shane called Yearn.  I haven't heard this song in years...it is AWESOME!!  Listen if you have time...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard this in years too.....since Chi Alpha actually. Thanks for sharing sweetie. I have had a sinus infection since yesterday so I need to do a bit of slowing down as well. Love this post. It really spoke to me at the perfect time :)
    xo,
    ~Natalie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon Natalie! I'm so excited you read our blog =) SO great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete