Friday, August 26, 2011

Break-through?

Many of you who know me well know I fall asleep during any movie...except if it's a documentary.  I'm not sure what my problem is, nothing seems to keep my attention and if it's up to me I'd rather sleep!  Or, most of the time, I don't care to watch a movie if I think it will be scary.  I think movies are way more powerful than most people realize.  There have been countless movies I wish I didn't watch because they put images and thoughts in my head that, on my own, I would never think up or imagine.  I do love a good documentary.  I like being informed and educated.  Most documentaries are biased but I think that's half the fun.  I like the freedom of watching documentaries and being able to develop my own opinions and thoughs. 

Some of our favorite documentaries include
  • Food Ink
  • The Business of Being Born
  • Food Matters
  • Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
  • Deconstructing Supper
  • Waiting for Superman
  • Running the Sahara
  • Hell on Wheels
We can't get enough!  Chris and I have really enjoyed watching documentaries together.  I've even found Chris watching documentaries without me and by choice!!!! HA I think that is awesome :)

So when Chris and I started dating he found out, rather quickly, that I would fall asleep during movies...especially if they are at night.  It was pointless to bring me to or rent a movie with me...no matter how hard I tried to fight it I would ALWAYS fall alsleep. 

Recently Chris has ordered some movies on Netflix that 1) I haven't fell alseep to 2) I actually LIKED!!!

We totally recommend YOU watch Soul Surfer and To Save a Life.  They are amazing movies...and the first one is a true story, which makes it that much better!  The second movie has really got Chris and I thinking...we are really excited about some thoughts and are praying hard about some doors to be opened and changes be made....we will update once we have confirmation and/or some more details!  Till next time..hope you watch these movies and enjoy them just as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment