Monday, August 15, 2011

Grilled Pizza

Another Sunday with our family.  After service at Discovery we enjoyed grilled pizza and homemade peach ice cream!  Sharon has taught me so much about cooking...I love watching her in the kitchen.

We made a semi-homemade tomato sauce with fresh basil and dried rosemary & oregano from Sharon's herb collection.

Toppings included green peppers, onions, olives, pepperoni, pineapple, diced ham & mushrooms.



First, Sharon rolled the dough out using a rolling pin and some sweet tossing skills :o)


Then John grilled them for a few minutes, just long enough to start cooking the dough...


And the topping began...


Rachel's favorite was pineapple & diced ham...I liked it too!


He always makes the BEST food!!!


MMMmMmmMMmm!!!


Check out my pizza-making skills!!



...the best part-- the house wasn't hot from the OVEN!  ...and the pizza had grill marks!


Swinging with my favorite man while the pizza was grilling :o)  I love you.



YES, it was as good as it looks!  That pizza was so good.  The best one was by Sharon which was in her cast-iron skillet.  It was buttery and crispy and PERFECT!!!  MMmMMmM!!


Sharon also made peach ice cream that afternoon.  I remember my grandma & grandpa making ice cream years ago.  It was so fun to learn again!  Not everyone liked the peach ice cream ;) but Sharom and I didn't think it was too bad if you kept eating it...

Hope you're having a great week.  We also had an AWESOME service at Discovery church this past Sunday which I will post soon as they post it.  If you have the time you should watch it.  We also went to Music in the Park and enjoyed some live music with friends and family.

I was in Chapel Hill today for work training.  I'm always glad when those days are over, they are so long.  I enjoyed the training today....lots to read and learn now!  Thanks for all the prayers guys ;)  (you know who you are) the ride was uneventful and pleasant.

Getting late...I should get some sleep tonight.  Will blog again soon :o)  .....lots going on here!!!

1 comment: