Friday, January 13, 2012

I miss Home.

     One of my most favorite times of the year-- in December Chris & I headed up to New Jersey.  I can't seem to explain the excitement I get as soon as we see the "Welcome to New Jersey" sign.  I am a Jersey girl at heart!


     Our trip was filled with sleeping in, reading by the fireplace, eating lots of yummy food, shopping, watching the Big Bang Theory marathon and spending time with my family and friends.  Every time we go back to New Jersey I realize how much I miss my family and friends up there.  This trip was different than others, it seemed less like a race and more like spending time with those that mean the most to us.  We saw so many people and did so much in the time we were there but I wasn't exhausted when we got back home!
    We headed up Christmas Eve and were at my parent's house by early afternoon.  We enjoyed my Mom's meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn that night MMMmMMMmmm!  Never thought I'd actually request Mom's meatloa, it was SO good.  When I was younger I would never want to eat my Mom's meatloaf, I told her it was gross and yes I requested it.  Wow have times changed.

    My Mom took the week off from work and my RETIRED Dad worked a lot.  I am happy my Dad has found a new interest in car auctions.  It was so nice to spend the time we had with Mom & Dad.  



      Christmas Day our family met at my Nana's house.  It was SO good to have everyone together.  I loved it.  My Nana HATES pictures of herself but I am so glad we "took way too many" as she complained =)  She is absolutely beautiful and full of wisdom.  I love this picture of us.  Happy 89th Birthday Nana!!  So thankful we were able to visit my Nana a few times when we were up.
 
  
     Chris & I always tell my Mom about the yummy things we make together so while we were home Chris made us a homemade apple pie, it was delicious!!!!  I think Mom was impressed after the "oh-crap" cookies Chris made my Mom last year =)  lol


     Now that my Mom & Dad live closer to my Grandma we got see her many times too, it was so nice!  Love her so much.  I was SO surprised when my Grandma came over with a bag for me and Chris.  It was my Great-Grandma Fricke's ceramic Christmas tree.  I always wanted a tree just like hers, I think it is so neat looking!!!!  I told Chris that tree will be up year-round in our house =)  I will post a picture once we take down our real tree and replace it with the ceramic tree.


     We got to see many of my Mom's side of the family at my Grandma's house a few days after Christmas.  It was so nice to see everyone.  We hadn't seen them since our wedding!  Lots of yummy food again =)

     We got to see Susan and Jason a bunch of times while in New Jersey, it was so nice!  They took us to out to dinner on the bay when we came to visit their new place and we went on a chilly beach walk.  If Chris & I had the money and could find jobs at the Jersey shore we would LOVE to buy a place with Sue & Jason =)  We love you guys and miss you...lets go camping together when it gets warmer out!!



     One of our most favorite parts of New Jersey is Long Beach Island.  We got to visit with Nicole and her family, Momma Cerillo FILLED us with food =)  Maybe next year we will make it to their Christmas Eve dinner.  It was so refreshing to chat with Nicole over a lovely cup of coffee at their beautiful home.  I miss Nicole SO much and wish we lived closer.  Till then we will continue our weekly "coffee dates" =)



     We also made a trip up to visit with KATIE!  She was home from Singapore and it was the first time Chris got to meet "Katie from Singapore" =)  We met at Clinton Station Diner and ate way too much food lol.  It was so great to see Katie and her new DIAMOND!! YahooOOoO we can't wait for your wedding.





      That afternoon we visited with Caroline, Peter and Ellen.  Every time I see Ellen she has grown taller and is now much taller than me =)  She has grown into such a beautiful lady.  It was really nice to hang around their warm wood-burning stove and catch up.

      As we were leaving the Shelly's Chris was amazed at all the deer on Doe Run =)  ...yes that is New Jersey with all those trees and deer...


      We are so thankful we were able to take some time off to visit New Jersey!  I can't wait to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment