Friday, January 13, 2012

Thai Yoga Massage!

Hey everyone its Chris,

Im a newbee at the blogging stuff so here is my first post (=. My most recent adventure has been learning Thai Yoga Massage. It has been one of the most beneficial and most exciting things I have learned throughtout my career so far!! Last year my friends at Porters Neck Yoga & Spa in Wilmington, NC ( If your ever in Wilmington look them up! Kas and Monique are the nicest people ever!) sent me an invite to take the levels 1&2 Thai Yoga Massage w/ Gabriel Azoulay. Little did I know what to expect on this new adventure in my life. I arived and was greeted by the smileing and always happy faces of Kas and Monique and the learning began. Learning about the history of thai massage, "Nuat boran" is the Thai name for a type of body work native to Thailand (nuat = pressure, boran = ancient). They call it massage, we call it Thai Massage because it is from Thai land. It was created by Dr Shivago Komarpaj some 2500 years ago. My teacher Gabriel travels to Thailand and studies with Pichet Boonthume a Thai master. We learned so much and there is still tons more to learn! I just found out that Gabriel will be moving to wilmington to open a studio this year so I cant wait to learn more. Here is the link to watch the Thai movie that I put together to show people an example of what thai massage is.

No comments:

Post a Comment